Premiam Conference 2016
3rd Premiam Conference
Premiam – Post Spill Monitoring Conference
Effective post-spill monitoring – Sharing best practice and experience
22nd June 2016, SOAS, London
The aim of the Premiam conference is to provide a forum for scientists, regulators, environmental advisors and other professionals working in the field of marine oil/chemical spill monitoring and impact assessment to share experience, best practice and knowledge with the wider marine emergency response community. This event will cover the importance of preparedness, coordination and the use of best practice science and technology in marine environmental monitoring and will pose important questions regarding the status of existing arrangements.
- To reflect on the level of preparedness for monitoring in the UK and internationally.
- To consider the roles of all stakeholders in integration and collective responsibility.
- To share best practice in the planning, management, coordination and conduct of marine monitoring activities following marine incidents and to learn from the experiences of emergency response professionals.
- To consider best practice in the use of best practice science and technology in an emergency response context.
- To consider efficient and effective ways of achieving monitoring aims including data sharing and availability.
- To understand the importance of the issues raised at the conference and to produce a set of outcomes from the conference presentations and discussions that help improve the way we deal with incidents in future.
Previous events, in 2012 and 2014, were a great success so come and join the debate and learn about the latest scientific and organisational developments in the field of post-spill monitoring. The 2016 conference will offer plenty of opportunity for networking and promises a great line up of speakers from across the public and industry sectors including Cefas, the Maritime and Coastguard Agency, Oil and Gas UK, Natural England, ITOPF, BP, OSRL and others.
Booking is Open
To book using credit cards:
This can be done via Eventbrite or alternatively contact Conserve Conference Services for other booking alternatives at ConServe2016@gmail.com or call on 07759 134801
Information on the venue and accommodation can be found here.
There is a sponsorship package which provides an effective way to cover a group payment and show your support for the conference. For details contact ConServe by email ConServe2016@gmail.com or call on 07759 134801.