Premiam Conference 2018
4th Premiam Conference
Premiam – Post Spill Monitoring Conference
Effective post-spill monitoring – Sharing best practice and experience
21st June 2018, Flett Theatre, Natural History Museum, London
The aim of the Premiam conference is to provide a forum for scientists, regulators, environmental advisors and other professionals working in the field of marine oil/chemical spill monitoring and impact assessment to share experience, best practice and knowledge with the wider marine emergency response community. This conference comes at an opportune time for the emergency response and marine monitoring communities to reflect on progress so far and to establish the key areas that need attention to drive innovation and efficiency for the coming decade and beyond.
There are many stakeholders with an interest in how marine spills are managed and mitigated. Establishing an environmental monitoring programme, utilising best practices in management and science, so that the full impact and the effectiveness of the response is assessed and understood is the primary aim of the Premiam initiative. Make sure you and your organisation are aware of the latest developments and take the opportunity to contribute in a unique gathering of experts.
- To reflect on the way best practice science and management have contributed to improvements in post-spill monitoring and preparedness.To consider the roles of all stakeholders in integration and collective responsibility
- To share best practice in the planning, management, coordination and conduct of marine monitoring activities following marine incidents and to learn from the experiences of emergency response professionals.
- To consider the use of emerging science and technology in an emergency response context
- To consider efficient and effective ways of achieving monitoring aims, including data sharing and availability.
- To look forward to future challenges and to establish where effort needs to be focused to achieve better implementation of post-spill monitoring in the future.
Previous events, in 2012, 2014, 2016 were a great success so come and join the debate and learn about the latest scientific and organisational developments in the field of post-spill monitoring. The 2018 conference will offer plenty of opportunity for networking and promises a great line up of speakers from across the public and industry sectors.
Booking is Open
To book using credit cards:
This can be done via Eventbrite or alternatively contact Conserve Conference Services for other booking alternatives at ConServe2016@gmail.com or call on 07759 134801
For information on the venue and accommodation see below.
There is a sponsorship package which provides an effective way to cover a group payment and show your support for the conference. For details contact ConServe by email ConServe2016@gmail.com or call on 07759 134801.