For the last 15 years, the EDC system has been developed by Cefas for fisheries research, assessment and management. It now incorporates on-board catch and discard sampling as well as a variety of field sampling activities. The system incorporates Cefas customised software to achieve project objectives, with the flexibility to incorporate user specific requirements to better undertake unique projects.
The system features include:
- Low power PC running Windows OS
- Battery or mains power supply
- Water resistant enclosure
- RFID fish measurement system
- Wrist mounted data input device
- Audio, VGA, USB, Serial and Ethernet connectivity.
Use of the unit reduces translation errors, and improves operational efficiency by reducing the manpower required to record field data, resulting in financial savings in terms of long-term operational costs.